Sunday 30 September 2012

I have had another productive week, characters developed and final image drawn for a bit of speculative work. Need to get them well presented and sent off.

From that I have been playing around with new style, very loose for me, My work is usually so tight and fiddly, but have enjoyed the challenge and liked the results, it is always good to work outside the comfort zone and sometimes we learn new things about ourselves.

This playing around with new styles for me has lead to this piece. My dear friend Mary has been nicely nagging me to draw her cats for ages and the new style seemed to fit perfectly (or should that be purrfectly?)

Anyway here is the sketch I did of Chester, Mary's beautiful cat (well one of them) and followed by my moggy Monty. The shape and styles still need working on but from the initial results I am really quite pleased.

Well now back to work on the Small Worlds project and some sketch ideas for a commission for a friend, busy, busy!


No comments:

Post a Comment